At Forest of Galtres School, we use the Language Angels Scheme to deliver our language curriculum. The language offered at our school is French.
Our Modern Foreign languages curriculum will:
● Foster an interest in language learning by introducing children to other languages in a way that is enjoyable and accessible to all pupils.
● Stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language and creativity in experimenting with it.
● Support oracy and literacy, and in particular develop speaking and listening skills.
● Help children develop their awareness of cultural similarities and differences.
● Lay the foundations for future language study by pupils.
● Provide an added perspective on first language teaching and learning.
● Give an extra dimension to teaching and learning across the curriculum.
We support pupils in becoming increasingly articulate young individuals who are able to express their own ideas confidently in both the first and second language. The oracy developed in the foreign language will increase confidence, improve academic outcomes and encourage both independent and group work.
Creativity is at the heart of our curriculum. Music and art are only part of how we encourage pupils to be creative in foreign language lessons. Our creative approach will encourage pupils to think creatively to solve problems creatively and will encourage them to enjoy finding different pathways to the same end goal. They are encouraged to find alternative and creative solutions to allow them to write and say what they would like in the foreign language.
We encourage all pupils from an early age to be confident independent learners. To become more organised, deeper thinkers, and use their initiative to solve problems and move forward in their language learning. Knowing what to do when they are unable to initially complete a task/answer a question will help build their confidence. Learning to persevere and understanding that it can at times take longer for some to find answers but knowing we will get to the answer in the end are important life skills.
Click the links below for more information about French at Forest of Galtres.